Skip to main content

Pencils: Guide for a Better Life

It was one late afternoon, I really had nothing to do at that time so I decided to browse the net for a while. Blast the stereo for a couple of songs to set the mood while thinking what to do afterwards. I should do the laundry later on, I had no more decent clothes to wear. Bruno Mars is tearing his pipe for Grenade and I'm still sleepy from a late nap, hey what am I talking about, I should tell you about the pencils! Right, let get it on ;-)

I came across one site and I'm amazed on what someone can do with the pencils.


He carefully curved some of those and some of that then bang, he just sculptured a remarkable piece of art. Wish I could do the same! Well forget it, I better off writing stuff for them people who can do such things ;-) When you got bored doing nothing, just look for those crappy pencils and why not try to do the alphabet ;-)


Okay that's a bit rough, maybe we can try curving heads. I don't even know who might be a good model but what the heck, this guy is really good at this stuff! Maybe he can't do the eyes so he decided to force the guy to wear shades ;-)


A shoe maybe? Can we do that? Imagine how small the pencil is, and imagine the details to make it look like a shoe, he just lost the lace somewhere ;-) He don't bother himself looking!


Let's try the stool, no? Well I don't envy him, not at all.


A button? come on, it looks easy! If I have a pencil with a size of a badminton rocket, maybe I can try that ;-) What does this guy does for a living?


He even managed to make a saw out of it, maybe he's a carpenter, you know, someone who paint cars? No? Oh that's a crappy joke ;-)


I did told you he's in carpentry! We will expect then he'll do nails! Oh I can do nails, its easy! I think...


Oh he didn't make nails! Screw that!


A mailbox. Something that small he managed to make a mailbox out of it ;-)


Come on! On the tip of a pencil he made a hand holding a cup? Amazing isn't it ;-)


I don't know what this is but it looks good. Right?



Obviously that's a key! How he made it? I really have no idea ;-)


A good present for a girl? Will she be impressed? Maybe if I made it for her, what do you think?


That's what I'm talking about! I know she'll be impressed with this one ;-) She may even make it as a pendant haha!


Okay, maybe you think this is just easy and maybe you can convince yourself that you too can endure doing these. Well maybe this one will make you think again ;-) I bet he made this more than a month ;-)

Just for about everything, I think we should learn something out of anything! Before I finish this, I want you to read a simple lessons about these pencils that we can apply on our everyday lives.

1. Everything you do will always leave a mark.

2. You can always correct the mistakes you've made.

3. What is important is what is inside of you.

4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings, which will only make you better.

5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.

It makes sense right? there's really more than about pencils that we can reflect our lives and come to think of it, we can learn something from those crappy pencils.

Before I go, please care to read this parable.



We all need to be constantly sharpened.

This parable may encourage you to know that you are a special person,
with unique God-given talents and abilities.

Only you can fulfill the purpose which you were born to accomplish.

Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot be
changed and, like the pencil,
always remember that the most important part of who you are,
is what's inside of you and then allow yourself to be guided by the hand of God.

Cheerio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Expensive Philippine Coin Ever Sold

I personally am fond of collecting old coins. I have an ample collection, and decent if I may add, of Philippine old coins. Though I collect coins for a hobby, some people kept on asking me how I acquire those coins and if I’m selling one. So in some cases, when I visit the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank of the Philippines), I always try to order an additional from my own to sell or give it as a gift to my friends. I always wonder, what Philippine coin is the most expensive ever sold, and how much. Priced at $22, 000 or Php 1,038,136.00 as of this writing ($1 = Php 47.19), the 1903 San Francisco Mint fifty centavos is perhaps the most expensive United States-Philippines coin ever sold. Only 2 specimens have reported and only one formally auctioned for the price mentioned. Do not mistake this one for the common 1903 Philadelphia Mint fifty centavos. This coin is an absolute rarity. How this coin surfaced? The story behind that incident is still a myste

The Great Badjang or Giant Taro

As we try to come up with things to do to make our days productive this Pandemic, a lot of people are leaning towards Gardening. Here in the Philippines, people are becoming crazy with a certain plant. It has large leaves which resembles an Elephant’s ear. Badjang, as we call it here in the Philippines, scientifically called Alocasia macrorrhizos, is a species of flowering plant in the arum family that it is native to rainforests of Island Southeast Asia, New Guinea, and Queensland and has long been cultivated here in the Philippines, many Pacific islands, and elsewhere in the tropics. It is also famous as Giant Taro. The giant taro was originally domesticated in the Philippines, but are known from wild specimens to early Austronesians in Taiwan. From the Philippines, they spread outwards to the rest of Island Southeast Asia and eastward to Oceania where it became one of the staple crops of Pacific Islanders. They are one of the four main species of aroids (taros) cultivated by Austron

Hanamichi Sakuragi: In Real Life

I am not that young, though I am not that old to have watched the Manga Series Slum Dunk. A lot of people is being fascinated with the game of basketball. Almost everyone knows how to play the game. Maybe, just maybe, NBA really popularized the sports. Apparently, one story caught my attention, and surely, it is really worth to tell ;-) Slam Dunk (スラムダンク Suramu Danku?) is a sports-themed manga series written by Takehiko Inoue about a basketball team from Shōhoku High School. It was first serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump in Japan from 1990 to 1996 and had also been adapted into an anime series by Toei Animation which had been broadcast worldwide, enjoying much popularity particularly in Japan, several other Asian countries and Europe. Inoue later used basketball as a central theme in two subsequent manga titles: Buzzer Beater and Real. In 2010, Inoue received special commendations from the Japan Basketball Association for helping popularize basketball in Japan.