Skip to main content

The Li-Ning Yushuai 18 Basketball Shoe

Here we are again, we’re hoping you’re having a great day ;-)

This moment, we will be talking about one of the trending shoes right now that doesn’t belong to the top 3 shoe producers in the market today. We present you the, Yushuai 18 of the Li-Ning Company Limited.

Li-Ning Company Limited is one of the leading sports brand companies in China, mainly operating professional and leisure footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories under the Li-Ning brand.

For the Yushuai 18, the low top version has just released, by the way.


For the regular version, there's a huge variety of different colors that you can go for. Some really clean designs.

Anyways, I'll tell you right now, this is another one of those shoes that changed a lot compared to how they wore in the very beginning.


Performance wise, at first this shoe fell stiff. Stiff because of the relatively cheap material I think. You can have a better look at this when you visit your local Malls and have the chance to feel this, not because of the cushion. I mean the cushion set up is a delicious one with full-length boom. It is very bouncy actually. You get safe landings to go with a nice push on feet, like it's pretty stacked up underneath. But yeah, this upper felt really plasticky, no softness whatsoever in the toe box area. Well maybe because the shoe is brand new after all. I even felt some pinching near the exterior of my forefoot on both shoes. That only lasted about 20 to 30 minutes though, however, once I started playing, the discomfort quickly went away and I couldn't notice anything as such. The shoe really needs a break in, I think, and because it is thin, breathability is great.


This shoe is fairly lightweight. It only weighs 390 grams for my size and I’m ten and a half.

Traction, now this aspect was great from the start. I never really had any issues with the grip on clean or dusty courts, and because of the minimal dust pickup, it remains to be squeaky and promising, consistent hard stops for sure, you can perform your crossovers anytime you want if you know how to ;-)

I still haven't used these outdoors, but based on how the rubber feels in hand, it should be adorable and great against rough court conditions.

With the fit, nothing too special here. I just went true to size, and for most people you can go with your normal size in most other sneakers. If we talk about how it hug your foot, it’s about average, it's not too tight or narrow, but like I said, you just have to break it in in a minute or so, to have it greatly fit in your foot. Give it a good solid few hours. After a couple of long sessions, trust me, you'll have a totally different feeling, and with that said, it's still a pretty rigid upper, so stability and lateral containment might be a challenge for some, especially with additional hard plastic wrapping up the heel.

Ankle support is about average. Interior padding really sucks to be honest. It's really minimal back there.

I just found it a little sad that the Yushuai line used to be their most popular line that holds the highest standard. It's really been overshadowed by the Sonic Team recently. I mean, the Sonic Team are amazing. These Yushuai might not be so popular anymore, but if you only care about good performance, this is a great Shoe.

My conclusion is that the Yushuai 18 is an excellent performer. Traction and cushion have always been good for me. Material for me, is bad at first, but I was able to break them in fairly quickly.

Once you get used to it, there was no pinching or any type of discomfort. My movements felt smooth, and this is a lightweight, high-top, great looking shoe that I would strongly recommend.

I guess it all comes down to the price factor, because performance is top notch. Please feel free to share your thoughts on the Yushuai 18 down in the comments.

If you've been playing in these, let me know if you had a similar or different experience.

Thanks so much guys.

Cheerio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Expensive Philippine Coin Ever Sold

I personally am fond of collecting old coins. I have an ample collection, and decent if I may add, of Philippine old coins. Though I collect coins for a hobby, some people kept on asking me how I acquire those coins and if I’m selling one. So in some cases, when I visit the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank of the Philippines), I always try to order an additional from my own to sell or give it as a gift to my friends. I always wonder, what Philippine coin is the most expensive ever sold, and how much. Priced at $22, 000 or Php 1,038,136.00 as of this writing ($1 = Php 47.19), the 1903 San Francisco Mint fifty centavos is perhaps the most expensive United States-Philippines coin ever sold. Only 2 specimens have reported and only one formally auctioned for the price mentioned. Do not mistake this one for the common 1903 Philadelphia Mint fifty centavos. This coin is an absolute rarity. How this coin surfaced? The story behind that incident is still a myste

Hanamichi Sakuragi: In Real Life

I am not that young, though I am not that old to have watched the Manga Series Slum Dunk. A lot of people is being fascinated with the game of basketball. Almost everyone knows how to play the game. Maybe, just maybe, NBA really popularized the sports. Apparently, one story caught my attention, and surely, it is really worth to tell ;-) Slam Dunk (スラムダンク Suramu Danku?) is a sports-themed manga series written by Takehiko Inoue about a basketball team from Shōhoku High School. It was first serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump in Japan from 1990 to 1996 and had also been adapted into an anime series by Toei Animation which had been broadcast worldwide, enjoying much popularity particularly in Japan, several other Asian countries and Europe. Inoue later used basketball as a central theme in two subsequent manga titles: Buzzer Beater and Real. In 2010, Inoue received special commendations from the Japan Basketball Association for helping popularize basketball in Japan.

The Great Badjang or Giant Taro

As we try to come up with things to do to make our days productive this Pandemic, a lot of people are leaning towards Gardening. Here in the Philippines, people are becoming crazy with a certain plant. It has large leaves which resembles an Elephant’s ear. Badjang, as we call it here in the Philippines, scientifically called Alocasia macrorrhizos, is a species of flowering plant in the arum family that it is native to rainforests of Island Southeast Asia, New Guinea, and Queensland and has long been cultivated here in the Philippines, many Pacific islands, and elsewhere in the tropics. It is also famous as Giant Taro. The giant taro was originally domesticated in the Philippines, but are known from wild specimens to early Austronesians in Taiwan. From the Philippines, they spread outwards to the rest of Island Southeast Asia and eastward to Oceania where it became one of the staple crops of Pacific Islanders. They are one of the four main species of aroids (taros) cultivated by Austron